The healthcare industry has seen a considerable digital shift in recent years. Many healthcare organizations are turning to Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements to improve patient care, increase operational efficiency, and remain competitive in a changing landscape. SaaS partnerships offer various benefits, including cost-effectiveness, scalability, and data security, making them an appealing alternative for healthcare providers looking for innovative technological solutions. By 2021, the market valuation of SaaS surpassed USD 30 billion. The healthcare sector is expected to develop at a CAGR of more than 18.5% from 2022 to 2023, owing to the increased use of telemedicine, an enhanced patient portal solution, and e-prescription.
In this blog, we will look at why healthcare organization is embracing SaaS partnerships and how cloud-based solutions are changing how healthcare is delivered. Exploring current healthcare ecosystem hurdles and assessing how transitioning to a SaaS setup can address these issues, along with highlighting SaaS advantages for healthcare entities.
Major healthcare challenges
Globally, various industries are swiftly integrating SaaS into digital transformation approaches, with cost-effectiveness and adaptability crucial in the finance, retail, and manufacturing sectors. However, while these industries progress, healthcare lags.
The following special problems in healthcare have led to the sluggish adoption of the SaaS model:
- Difficulty Leveraging Healthcare Data: In healthcare, transforming data into insights remains a persistent challenge. Overcoming this starts with enhancing data accessibility. Fragmented in various silos, healthcare data requires integration for a holistic view, enabling timely sharing and synchronization, serving patients and clinicians with comprehensive and available information.
- Poor Care Coordination: Research indicates that inadequate care coordination raises the risk of preventable adverse outcomes, like ER visits and hospitalizations. Healthcare necessitates seamless communication among patients, caregivers, and the entire system, accentuated by virtual care reliance during the pandemic. Successful care entails fluid communication and documentation throughout personalized patient journeys.
- Lack of Patient Engagement: Low patient participation is one of the most difficult obstacles in improving patient outcomes. Inadequate care coordination frequently causes a lack of engagement, resulting in decreased follow-up and adherence to treatment protocols. Ultimately, the patient’s needs could be better served.
How SaaS partnerships enhances healthcare operations and collaboration
- Cost Efficiency: SaaS offers cost savings by eliminating upfront hardware/software expenses, benefiting healthcare providers through hassle-free maintenance and upgrades.
- Scalability: SaaS adapts to healthcare demand, efficiently scaling as patients or data grow, maintaining uninterrupted services by swiftly adjusting capacity.
- Rapid Deployment: Swift SaaS deployment contrasts with slow traditional setups, crucial in healthcare was rapid tech access influences patient well-being. Also frequent SaaS updates offer healthcare the latest features and progress, eliminating the need for constant software upgrades while reaping benefits
- Accessibility and Mobility: SaaS empowers healthcare by enabling remote access to patient data across sites, allowing informed decisions from any internet-connected device with current advancements in telemedicine SaaS partnerships can foster a better relationship between practitioners and patients.
- Reduced Maintenance Burden: SaaS eases healthcare IT burden by managing upkeep, security, and backups, freeing staff for strategic goals and patient-centred duties.
- Data Security and Compliance: Trusted SaaS providers prioritize safety with encryption and HIPAA compliance, aiding healthcare in meeting regulations and safeguarding patient data.
- Interoperability: SaaS integration enables healthcare to unify Software, enhancing patient records and care coordination by facilitating seamless communication among diverse applications.
- Innovation and Up-to-Date Technology: Frequent SaaS updates offer healthcare the latest features and progress, eliminating the need for constant software upgrades while reaping benefits.
Adopting SaaS partnerships in healthcare implies a strategic change toward innovation and efficiency. iTech expEDIum Suite of Products can streamline operations, ensure data accessibility, and improve patient care by leveraging the benefits of cloud-based solutions. Scalability, cost-effectiveness, and security are provided by SaaS models, freeing healthcare professionals of the burden of maintenance and allowing them to focus on their core goals. Using the expEDIum Suite and Components, you can provide clients with a quick and cost-effective healthcare solution. The iTech team offers numerous collateral and support methods to its partners to properly sell and service their products in their local markets.
To explore partnership opportunities, contact us for further information on how we can assist you.